Spread the love!
We’ve spent the last week giving thanks on Turkey Day, then jumping right into shopping on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. That’s why it’s so important to take the time today to think about how we can give back to our community and the people we love. Giving Tuesday is about all kinds of giving.
Whether you treat a friend to lunch, open the door for your neighbor or buy a colleague a coffee, you’ll be helping to spread kindness and the spirit of #GivingTuesday today!
Here are some ways to give back on this Giving Tuesday:
- Clean out your pantry. This is a win-win situation, as you’ve probably been putting this chore off for way too long! Take this opportunity to clean out your pantry. Donate any canned goods or other non-perishables to your local food bank.
- Organize a food drive. Find a local group that needs food donations, then decide how you want to collect donations. Ask for volunteers to help collect food, then work on getting the word out! This is a great way to teach your children a valuable lesson about giving back to those less fortunate than them.
- Give back to the Earth. You probably already do this most days, but make a conscious effort to give back to the Earth today by using your eco-friendly bento lunch box, travel mugs or bento jars today!
- Buy food and beverage items that benefit charities. Fill your bento box with snacks that give back! Snacks like jcoco chocolate bars donate fresh servings of food to U.S. food banks. And every purchase of Planet Fuel organic juice beverages helps support the Planet Fuel Charitable Fund, which provides resources to conservation groups protecting wild places and wild animals around the world.
- See what’s happening near you. You can visit www.givingtuesday.org and enter your hometown to see what events are happening near you. Whether it’s a gift, donation or your time, there are so many ways to give back today!
- Share how you’re giving back. Spread the word about how you’re giving back on your social media, then share this post to challenge your friends and followers to do the same! Use #GivingTuesday.