Just try not to eat them right now.
These cookies are so good—they have to be the most perfect chewy-AND-crunchy we've ever made.
We whipped up a quick batch of these chocolate coconut cookies today for our family of four's bento box lunches for this coming the week.
Four cookies each for our family of four, and they tuck perfectly into our bento boxes.
Give this recipe a try! Just try not to eat them before lunch...
Makes 36 cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Cream butter and sugars together. Add egg and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Whisk to combine flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Add flour mixture to the butter and sugar mix and mix to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips and coconut.
- Roll dough into logs and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Slice dough logs into evenly thick slices.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until edges are starting to brown and the center is still a bit soft.
- Remove from oven and let tray rest for 5 minutes before transferring cookies to a baking sheet.
Divide up cookies for your bento box lunches!
Now, if we could just figure out what to bake for Tuesday, Wednesday and the rest of the days, we'll be ready for the week!