Quick and easy to whip up, this makes a sweet and easy picnic lunch.
This sweet and simple recipe could be considered a basic-builder piece for your culinary wardrobe.
Quick and easy to whip up, this Coconut Curry Chicken makes a sweet and easy picnic lunch. Simply add veggies like broccoli and carrots and you've got a tasty, elegant dinner.
- 4 organic chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 small can coconut milk
- Pita bread for stuffing
- Shred chicken breast into small strips.
- Heat sauté pan over medium heat and add olive oil.
- When oil is hot, sauté chicken for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Add curry powder and salt, stir to combine, and reduce heat.
- Add coconut milk and simmer for 10 minutes, or until coconut milk has thickened.
- Toast pitas before stuffing, if desired, and stuff them right before eating.
You can add sliced veggies to this mix. Toss them in before you reduce heat and add coconut milk. Add sliced almonds and raisins as a sweet variation, and add chili peppers for those who like it spicy.
Take it to go in your Bentology bento box lunch containers.