You won’t miss the meat
There’s nothing that makes getting through a cold winter easier than a bowl of delicious, warm soup. Whether you’re partaking in meatless Monday or are just looking for healthier soup recipes, these vegan soups are a refreshing change from your basic lunch.
Instead of using cream as a base, these recipes focus on blending fresh veggies or nuts to create that silky texture we love in our soups. Add in some beans or a superfood grain like quinoa to get that boost of protein!
Here are our 7 favorite vegan soups to warm you up this winter:
- White Bean Soup: This recipe from Martha Stewart can be made in 15 minutes. With just a few simple ingredients, this is one of our recipe staples when we need a quick lunch or light dinner.
- Crockpot Split Pea Soup: This version of split pea soup is a low-fat, low-cholesterol and low-calorie alternative. Try it for yourself with this recipe from The Spruce.
- Spicy Black Bean Soup: The jalapeño, cumin, chili powder and red pepper flakes definitely add a kick to this soup that’s sure to warm you up. We like this recipe from The Glowing Fridge.
- Chickpea Noodle Soup: Who doesn’t love chicken noodle soup, especially when you’re feeling under the weather? This recipe keeps all the flavors we know and love, but just swaps out the meat for chickpeas.
- Roasted Tomato Basil Soup: Leave out the cream with this one- this soup is naturally thickened using potatoes. Pair this recipe from Cafe Delights with some vegan toast for a comforting meal.
- Quinoa Black Bean Pumpkin Soup: This soup has all of our favorite things in it! Try this recipe for a healthy and hearty lunch that can be made in under 40 minutes.
- Cream of Broccoli Soup: Use cashews as the base of this soup instead of cream for a healthier version that doesn’t sacrifice taste. We love this recipe from Hummusapien!
You can make any of these soups ahead of time and freeze them to eat later. Heat them up and pack them into your bento jar for a soup that will be hot until lunchtime!